I Remain PDP Secretary —oyinlola

A former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, has said that he remains the national secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party.
He described as utter falsehood reports that he had been asked by the Peoples Democratic Party to drop his claim to the national secretary position of the party.
Oyinlola said this in a statement on Monday when he expressed shock at the efforts to twist the details of his discussions with a committee of South-West leaders of the party last Tuesday evening.
“I met the committee of seven on Tuesday evening at Chief Bode George’s Abuja house. Members of the committee are Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, Senator Lekan Balogun, Chief Bode George, Erelu Olusola Obada, Alhaji Salmot Badru, Mr. Segun Ilori and Chief Ishola Filani.
“At my meeting with that committee, I informed them of my earlier meeting that morning with the President, the Vice President and the party chairman, Alhaji Adamu Muazu.
“I told them my position which the president understood very well. At the end of that meeting, the committee, through Chief Bode George agreed that my meeting with the president had superseded their assignment. That was what transpired. I do not know where pretenders have got the message of falsehood they are now spreading that I had been asked to drop my legitimate claim.
“I have said it many times. I will not trade away my claim to the national secretaryship of the party which the courts have affirmed,” Oyinlola said.
Insinuations were rife that Oyinlola might have been persuaded by Jonathan to drop his claim and work for the governorship ambition of Chief Iyiola Omisore, the candidate of the PDP in Osun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambode meets Tank Farm owners over Apapa gridlock

Stop wishing Buhari dead – Okowa tells Nigerians

Fani-Kayode speaks on meeting Fayose at PDP National Convention